- Quality Badminton, Tennis and Squash Racket restringing using Tennishead 2086 electronic head for accurate tensions.
- Re-gripping and over grips
- Ashaway Rackets at agents prices
- Postal and local pick - up service
- FREE logo stencilling
- FREE grommet replacement (10 max. per racket)
- Restring database for consistent stringing
DROP OFF, POSTAL or LOCAL PICK - UP service
My aim is to provide a prompt 2 day turnaround (plus postage times if used ) on all restrings.
Rackets can be dropped off and picked up if you are local.
I also provide a local pick -up / delivery service within the Liverpool & Merseyside area on orders of 3 restrings or more. A charge may be required for pickup depending upon No of rackets and distance @ £0.25 / mile.
I offer a 10% discount on orders of 3 restrings or more.
I can also offer discounts on racket orders of 2 or more.
PRODUCTS / RACKETS
As an Official agent, I supply genuine Ashaway strings, grips and Rackets. Most other makes of strings are also available, if not listed please contact me for availability / price.
I can supply ASHAWAY Badminton rackets at agents prices, please check Ashaway.co.uk website listed on the Links page for latest racket specifications.
1. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RESTRING MY RACKET?
Most stringers agree that you should restring your racket the same number of times per year as you play per week. i.e. if you play twice per week then two restrings per year.
Note: this can vary from player to player depending upon the type of game you play, string type and tension used.
2. WHAT STRING TYPE SHOULD I USE?
Price - Generally the more expensive the string the better the playability, responsiveness and tension stability
String life - is generally affected by the string thickness, tension used and the type of game you play.
String thickness - Thinner gauge strings give better response and playability but reduced life, thicker strings give longer life but are less responsive.
Note :- Generally medium priced strings of thicker gauge give good all round playability, life and value for money, such as Ashaway Zymax Fire66 badminton string (my top seller)
3. WHAT STRING TENSION SHOULD I USE?
These are my recommendations, although I will string to your personnel requirements.
Badminton - High tensions 23 to 28 lbs = less power, more control, reduced life
- Medium tensions 20 to 23 lbs = good all round power and playability and life
- Low tensions 15 to 20 lbs = increased power *, less control, greater life
Tennis - High tensions 65 to 70 lbs = less power, more control, reduced life
- Medium tensions 55 to 65 lbs = good all round playability and life
- Low tensions 50 to 55 lbs = more power, less control, greater life
Squash / Racquetball - High tensions 32 to 36 lbs = less power, more control, reduced life
- Medium tensions 28 to 32 lbs = good all round playability and life
- Low tensions 24 to 28 lbs = more power, less control, greater life
Note: it is not recommended to string above the maximum tension listed on your racket, doing so may invalidate your warranty.
* lower tensions can give more power but it also depends on the swing speed, a fast arm with higher tensions can also provide more power.
A lot of players believe that higher tensions will give more power but its not always the case, it can have the reverse affect as higher tension also reduces the sweet spot size, so any off center hits can feel dead. Please make sure that you can play with higher tensions as many players ask for reduced tensions on their next restring.
4. WHAT STRING TYPES ARE THERE?
Copyright © 2015 Taylorstrings.co.uk . All Rights Reserved